Simple steps to update your tool to latest versionSince version 5 of PARROT and KINGFISHER there is a way to update your tool through USB port. Firmware will be available to download only when order get status “Completed” (package was shipped/dispatched) This tutorial may vary depending of your OS (MacOS or Windows). Take a look:
- Download & install Arduino IDE – https://www.arduino.cc/en/main/software
- Download most recent .hex file (firmware) – t.b.d.
- Download & install AVR Dude – http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/avrdude/
- avrdude -p m328p -c arduino -b 57600 -P /dev/cu.wchusbserial14340 -U flash:w:FIRMWARE-NAME.hex:i
- If you see “avrdude done. Thank you.” – you are good to go – test your new firmware on scooter.
There is a list with error codes number and related issue (do not take it for granted).
01E – High current protection
02E – Low battery OR Low voltage protect (ex. battery or controller problem?)
03E – High voltage protection (controller problem?)
04E – Locked motor protection
05E – Controller problem (MOS burned?)
06E – Controller problem (tbd)
07E – Motor problem (tbd)
08E – Motor over temperature limit (intense riding? sensor?).
09E – Throttle problem (thumb throttle issue? throttle wire shortage?)
10E – Brake problem (broken brake lever? brake wires?)
11E – Signal transmission problem (controller problem?)
12E – Signal transmission problem (controller problem?)