How to upload firmware to your device – flashing KINGFISHER or PARROT
Simple steps to update your tool to latest version
Since version 5 of PARROT and KINGFISHER there is a way to update your tool through USB port.
Firmware will be available to download only when order get status “Completed” (package was shipped/dispatched)
This tutorial may vary depending of your OS (MacOS or Windows). Take a look:
- Download & install Arduino IDE – https://www.arduino.cc/en/main/software
- Download most recent .hex file (firmware) – t.b.d.
- Download & install AVR Dude – http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/avrdude/
Type command in your console (cmd.exe on windows or Terminal on MacOS). Bold section may vary.
- avrdude -p m328p -c arduino -b 57600 -P /dev/cu.wchusbserial14340 -U flash:w:FIRMWARE-NAME.hex:i
- If you see “avrdude done. Thank you.” – you are good to go – test your new firmware on scooter.
Disclaimer – firmware upload (reflashing/flash/reflash) your tool will void your warranty.